Universities and VESA
VESA has been collaborating with universities around the world since 2009. Our aim is to provide the opportunity for students to become a part of a social enterprise which promotes global change. Through our programs, students partake in humanitarian work in areas where charities, foreign aid or governmental support is lacking.
In order to ensure sustainability, VESA has been operating in the same communities since day 1. We strive to alleviate social and environmental hardships faced by these communities: our programs combine short-term projects such as the construction of houses, classrooms and so on with long-term projects in the fields of education and conservation.
All our building and teaching materials are sourced locally so as to both stimulate the economy and keep our carbon footprint minimal. Additionally, we hold ourselves accountable for every single one of our projects: VESA staff members manage each worksite and are responsible for overseeing all activity.
We endeavour to provide a safe and secure environment for our volunteers. VESA’s directors regularly check-in on every program in order to ensure the highest standards of health and safety are being met. Each one of our in-country staff members are senior first-aid certified, and are always on hand to attend to issues that may arise.
We pride ourselves on working alongside local villages and charities as part of our vision for long-term sustainable change where it is most needed.
VESA co-ordinates all it’s own projects which are run by VESA staff members – we do not ‘farm out’ the projects to other organisations. All oversight and responsibility for the projects lies with VESA management – we are accountable.
Why you should collaborate with us
- Tailor-made programs to suit individual experience and skill sets.
- Pre-departure support, and a commitment to ensuring the safety of participants.
- Unique experiences that foster personal growth and the acquisition of life-long skills such as teamwork and problem-solving.
- All payments, online inquiries, training, and information sessions are handled directly by the VESA office.
- The option of summer/winter break itineraries to suit your academic schedule.
- Marketing materials will be provided as needed to assist with fundraising etc.
To request more information about partnering with VESA please email [email protected]